Mechanics & Movement
We use a simple and quantifiable method of evaluating basic movement abilities. These observed pattern qualities help us better understand your joint and muscle ranges of motion and assist in identifying common imbalances. No special requirements are necessary except for those listed below:
• Dress comfortably
• Remove your shoes and socks for the assessment
• Wear pants that allow your Trainer to see your knees.
In seconds, our Tanita BC-568 health monitor will display your complete body composition profile, including Weight, Body fat % (total and segmental), Body water %, Muscle mass, Bone mass, Basal Metabolic Rate, Visceral fat, Metabolic age and Physique rating.
NOTE: While not necessary, to achieve the most accurate results, please follow these additional guidelines:
• no alcohol for the 12 hours before measurement test
• no excessive intake of food and water for the 12 hours before measurement
• no intake of food and caffeine water for two hours before measurement
• try to be up and involved in normal daily activities for three hours prior to your test
• alert us if you have any metal pins or plates in your body
Your aerobic fitness level is dependent upon the amount of oxygen which can be transported by your body to its working muscles, and the efficiency of these muscles to use that oxygen. The many tests for aerobic fitness can be divided into maximal or sub-maximal tests. Stressing the body by exercising to exhaustion, as in the maximal tests, is sometimes not appropriate, particularly for older, obese, young or the unfit. In these cases, the sub-maximal tests which are less demanding (and generally less accurate) will be used.